Our team at Harbor Community Health Centers is proud to offer you state-of- the-art dental facilities and caring providers who work with your clinic doctor to coordinate all of your care.
HCHC’s new spacious dental suite includes six dental operatories, digital x-rays, and the latest dental technologies to bring exceptional care to our patients.
We have adjusted how we receive and see patients based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA) to keep everyone safe.
• Reduced number of appointments per day to meet social distancing guidelines and allow time to clean and disinfect exam rooms after each patient visit.
• Provide more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• Patient Guest Limits: To keep proper social distancing, we ask for only one parent or guardian to accompany pediatric patients to their appointment.
• Adult patients are encouraged to come on their own. If you bring a guest, they may be asked to wait outside while you are being seen by the dentist or hygienist.
• You will need to wear a face-covering or mask upon arrival.
• We will ask you screening questions and take your temperature with a no-touch thermal scanning thermometer.
• After passing the screening, when you are called to come in, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the office.
• Our dental offices may look a little different than you are used to but, we are the same friendly and caring place as before.
• We will all be wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) for additional protection for you and our team.
• All exam rooms have new air filtration units to continuously decontaminate the air.
When it comes to your teeth, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Daily brushing and flossing is important, but it’s not always enough. Your mouth and your teeth influence the health of the rest of your body, so it’s important to see your dentist regularly. The American Dental Association recommends at least once or twice a year for normal checkups; however, some individuals may need to see their dentist a little more frequently. Your dentist can give you personalized recommendations.
Regular dental visits can help us stay on the lookout for potential problems. In addition to complete exams with X-rays, we offer fluoride treatments, cleanings, and everything else to keep your teeth happy and whole. And we focus on keeping you comfortable, so you’ll keep coming back to see us.
To prevent oral disease, young children should start seeing the dentist around 6 months old. The best thing you can do to start healthy habits for your children is to set a good example yourself. That includes a routine of proper brushing and flossing, as well as regular checkups at HCHC.
Good oral health is good for the entire family! Get your whole family on a good oral health routine that includes brushing and flossing, and regular appointments at HCHC’s Pacific Avenue Dental Clinic. We can help you take care of every tooth in your family, from baby to grandpa!
Think of Harbor Community Health Centers as your one-stop dental shop for routine care and prevention, as well as treatments for cavities, gum disease, and more.
Your HCHC dental team will do everything possible to help you keep your teeth -- and keep them healthy. They will provide treatments based on the latest American Dental Association guidelines. Here are just a few of the treatments we offer at our Pacific Avenue Health Center:
Full dental exams with digital x-rays
Oral Health Education
Cleanings and fluoride treatments
Fillings (amalgams and composite)
Partials and Dentures
Sometimes, the only thing scarier than going to the dentist with a cavity is not knowing if your insurance will cover it! We can help. Don’t let fear of price and payment keep you away from receiving the dental care you need. HCHC accepts many common insurance plans, including Denti-Cal Fee-For-Service, Liberty Dental Plan, Health Net Dental, and Access Dental, Premier Dental, and My Health LA. We also provide a sliding fee discount program based on your household size and income if you don’t have any insurance.